ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. To ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the office or establishment
on a daily basis
2. Each cleaner will be responsible for an area and will be expected to clean to the frequency
and standards set out.
3. To ensure standards and procedures are adhered to.
4. To use cleaning materials appropriately, as instructed and economically; to inform Supervisor
when stocks are low
5. To ensure that tools and equipment are in good working order, reporting any faults to
6. All cleaners are required to contribute to major cleaning tasks during office holidays.
7. Empty and clean bins and remove waste to designated area, including the separation of
waste, i.e. recycling.
8. To clean internal glass and internal and external door glass
9. Where practicable ensure windows and doors are closed and lights switched off.
10. Report to Supervisor any defects seen which are likely to affect security i.e. broken/cracked
11. Cleaners will be required to use electrical and mechanical equipment, floor polishers etc. after
12. The cleaner is required to use only approved cleaning materials and in accordance with
manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations. Chemicals should never be mixed
with other chemicals.
13. Inform Cleaning Lead / cleaning Supervisors any complaints / suggestions from client.
14. To be aware of their responsibilities for Health & Safety of themselves and others.
15. Any other duties as allocated and as necessary to complete the scope of works by the immediate superior.